2 Major Google Algorithm Updates Shaking the SEO World
Fred Google Update
- Study your Google Analytics data. Did you see a drop in organic traffic or the number of keywords you were ranking for between 5th and 20th March? If no, you are probably OK.
- Segment your content into two categories – high quality and updated vs low quality and stale.
- Cross-reference your lost keywords, based on organic traffic volume and previous Google rankings, with any low-quality content pages.
- Get working on improving your content quality immediately. Start by editing and improving existing content and adding updates. Being with cornerstone pages that were driving the most traffic pre-Fred (see number 3).
- Use a backlink spam audit tool to search and remove any questionable backlinks. Also, ensure that your remaining “good” backlinks appear organic and natural and in reasonable ratios. For example, follow to no follow ratios, similarities in anchor text, etc. are all factors that Google takes into account when attributing the value of your backlinks.